Choosing an HVAC Contractor
Choosing an HVAC Contractor
When you own or rent a business, or manage property, choosing the right HVAC contractor can make all the difference.
At Dominion Service Company, we work tirelessly to maintain and even improve our outstanding reputation among business owners, tenants, property managers and more in the commercial HVAC world. We started as an HVAC contractor exclusively and then expanded into the residential side of heating and cooling, so it goes without saying – we know this business and can help you make a smart decision!
7 Tips for Choosing the Right HVAC Contractor
With that in mind, we’ve outlined a few key questions for you to consider as you research the right HVAC contractor for your specific needs. By no means is this list all inclusive, but if nothing else it should get you started in the right direction.
- Ask friends and family if they recommend any specific HVAC contractors. Check their reputations online before deciding who you will call to come to your business or home for an estimate.
- Narrow down the list to a handful of HVAC contractors before making phone calls. Have a list of questions to ask, including how long they’ve been in business, what insurance they carry, makes/models they repair, service and install, and references for current/previous customers.
- A good contractor will visit your home or business for an evaluation and present a proposal and quote on-site. Don’t trust contractors that give estimates over the phone. Schedule appointments with HVAC contractors that meet your list of requirements.
- A good contractor will provide you with a written estimate outlining the breakdown of costs as it pertains to the work recommended and labor required. If the contractor gives an estimate of the annual operating cost (expected energy bills) this is an added perk. Beware of any contractor that uses “rule of thumb” estimates to price their work.
- Don’t go with the lowest estimate before really looking into the details of each quote. It’s possible that a higher quote contains important work that the other contractors neglected to notice. If you have a question on any part of the quote, call and ask for more information.
- Beware the high cost of the low price. Although it might look attractive, be hesitant of low estimates. These contractors may not be including everything you expect, like routine work and warranties.
- HVAC contractors should be professional. Operating out of an office or facility shows they’re committed and have a track record of performing good, honest services. The contractors and their people should be prompt, professional and courteous.
Contact Us For Help in Choosing the Right Contractor!
The list we outlined above should act as a solid starting point in helping guide your research and decision making relative to your commercial HVAC needs. That being said, we understand you might have more questions about how we do business, our key areas of focus, and as to what makes us so different in this arena. We welcome the opportunity to help. Contact Dominion Service Company online or call our main office at 1-800-832-0758, and we will gladly assist you in any way we can!